[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List of Class B dealers who sell to laboratories in Georgia

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windwych@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 00:34:57 +0000 (UTC)

Dawn, I just think you're painting with too broad a brush. Medical research, I
think -- I'm not an expert --, CAN be done humanely. And medical research can
help our companion animals as much as it can help humans.

Research should not equate with torture. Testing cosmetics is unacceptable, and
as Stormy suggests, has gone by the wayside. If carefully controlled research,
done with a compassionate eye to the animal, can cure a disease devastating
both animals and humans -- isn't that a worthy goal? Where would our animals be
if we didn't pursue knowledge about rabies, DM, cancer, and a host of other
maladies. If I had cancer [and by the way, I was diagnosed with breast cancer
five years ago in February] -- I'd be more than happy to cooperate in a
research undertaking, and I've done so.

Maybe we need to do some research. How many medical researchers "poke, cut,
burn the 'free' dogs and cats" they get? Perhaps we need a regulatory agency
that mandates acceptable protocols for research?

It's a difficult issue. On one hand, I shrink from the thought of any senscient
creature being "subjected" to research. On the other hand, humans and animals
share a symbiotic relationship -- I don't think research has to be inherently
cruel.

Let's go after the poseurs -- the wannabes --

But let's use our intellects. Burning a serious researcher's car; shooting
someone in his own kitchen -- if we go there, we're no better than they are.

And Dawn -- You KNOW I'm on the dogs' side.

Fran Henry

While I certainly understand the need for research, I would like to think that
in 2009 we would have advanced far enough technologically that torturing an
unwanted hound or a
abandoned cat would no longer be necessary.
To think of a dog who could very well have been bred by anyone on our list
being subjected
to medical research makes me physically ill. This is a fate far worse than even
death in a gas chamber...the "testing" continues day after day...only to have
the dog or cat killed in the end result. Class B dealers get dogs from the
shelters and off of places like Craigslist when people advertise "free" dogs or
cats. Some of these animals have come from living a life in someones home to
find themselves in a cage being poked, cut, burned or God only knows what else.
As "humane" beings, we should be lobbying for increased research that would
ELIMINATE the need for animal subjects in the future. In the end, we will be
judge by how we cared for those who had no ability to care for themselves. This
includes the Humane Slaughter Act, which is HARDLY humane.
Dawn
Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to:
Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx

From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
Georgia
To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
Cc: windwych@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 3:47 PM

And I have a question that may seem far afield from my life today in
protecting our animals from Animal Radicals, but how are the research
labs who are doing serious research and development (I don't mean for
a safer lipstick... they stopped that years ago). How are these labs
going to get lab animals? I don't know the answer, but there are, as
always, more ways of looking at a subject than the first gut
reaction. (which, by the way, is mine, too... I just want to think
beyond my immediate reax)

On May 2, 2009, at 1:28 PM, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 5/2/09 11:59:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> windwych@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> Below is a list of Georgia Class "B" Pet dealers who sell to
labs:

> i don't know how you managed to get this information but i do have a
> question:
> how do we all get this info in all 50 states and HOW do we make the
> info
> public?

is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original

PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original

PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

POST is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original