[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List help Ticks and Fleas

  • From: Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:48:19 EDT

I have been using Garlic powder for my dogs--I think that is what Jane
Kerner is using too--we talked about it once--that we might be the only ones
that know and trust the garlic powder preventive--heaping 1/4 tsp in the
morning  and evening feeding--ie 1/2 tsp daily-- good for repelling ticks and
fleas

I wont do the toxic stuff on my dogs either--we have deer ticks in
Minnesota but I have not found any on the dogs since I re-started the garlic--
early spring caught me off schedule and it was not until one of the dogs
brought  one in that I got going on it this year.  I discontinue it in
November--start up early April (March this year)

Ginny Altman
From:  Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:33:08 EDT
Subject: List  help

I am sending two dogs to upstate New York in Aug. I was just  informed
there is a BIG tick problem there. They have deer ticks  which carry Lime
Disease.
What do you suggest as a  preventive?  They do have 2 small  children so
don't want to use  anything toxic.
ALSO do you recommend the Lime shot??
Thanks a heap.
Cathleen