[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List Rule #2/another angle

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: barbara17236@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 08:05:48 -0500 (EST)

I don't see it that way obviously.  The standard is the blue  print.  I
just can't comprehend why someone would want to DELIBERATELY  breed, what is
now, a DQ.  It was a DQ when I started breeding so I never  bred any. Simple.
Never considered it. I don't care why it was a DQ, it was a  "just is" sort
of thing.
Give me a standard, and I'll follow it. So...I don't get it and I'm never
going to get it. 200 posts from now, I still won't get it.

It has nothing to do with civil rights, race or color discrimination, Brown
 v. the Board Of Education, pre or post war Europe or a new basketball
player and  I find the comparisons not only absurd but demeaning to the
aforementioned  subjects.  We are in fact discussing dogs.

If your group wants to work to change the standard, I'll respect whatever
the outcome is.

If there's a new entry in the Group, I'll cheer for it.  Either  way.

What I really find disturbing though, is that our board (and again, some
didn't understand what they were voting for as evidenced by the e-mails
they've sent), removing the "no DQ requirement" for our performance awards  at
the national without any PC member or committee member input and without
(again, as evidenced by their e-mails) fully understanding or even attempting
to  think through the ramifications.  That just dumps a whole heap of dog
poop right onto our mission statement.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 3/1/2012 2:11:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
barbara17236@xxxxxxx writes:

Let them go?     Okay, I have read how we "whites"  are disrespecting the
GSDCA Official Breed Standard, and the Club's Mission  Statement by breeding
a DQ - white.

How disrespectful of that same breed standard, and mission statement,
would it be for the same breed standard respecting people to say go be a
separate breed?  So, why have DQs in any breed standard?  Why  not just write
up
a letter, from each parent club, to AKC stating we don;t  want these things
(DQs) in our breed but we will allow them to rename  themselves and show any
ways?  Why have the DQ at all?  If you are  going to do that, you should
just get rid of the darn white DQ.

By allowing the DQ to separate and rename themselves, show in AKC,
continue to breed the white dogs,  you are disrespecting the same breed
standard
you say I am disrespecting.  You are condoning the breeding of  whites.

Either keep the white DQ, and stand by your belief in your breed standard
and not allow breed separation, or eliminate the DQ.   You can't say  it is
wrong for us to be breeding a DQ and then reward us for doing  so.   That
makes no sense.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German  Shepherd