[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List Party

  • From: Patricia Evans <patsgsdpups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:57:38 -0800 (PST)

Don't forget Grace!  Actually, I will be happy to help - but only if we can use
napkins again for raffle tickets!  pe
MARGERY GOLANT <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Julie, I am so sorry to hear that.....!! We had specifically arranged to
transport those who were in RVs, as several of our Party Committee were
concerned about that very issue.

The List Party can be complicated to put together in a way that works for
everyone. We wanted to have it on-site, and that was the first plan.
Unfortunately, we had difficulties with the site management, who wanted a
steep charge for the space, and then required that we use their caterer. I
believe the location where they wanted to put us was the same one where the
Victory Dinner was held - which was way tooo large, no wonder they wanted so
much money ! The next plan was Troutman's Barbeque, up the road. This
became iffy, because there was no booze allowed, and they were going to be
open special for us, so needed a quantity commitment, which is difficult at
best. Fortunately, Mo was able to come up with another location. Due to
the logistics, it was hard to find our way around in the dark there. Many
people told me they had problems finding their way on the dark rural roads,
even from the site to the hotel and back.

Next year should be much more manageable, and I am hoping that Mo and Pat
will agree to act as our permanent Party Committee. If they do, and then
involve one or two local folks from each site location as the local liaison,
it should be feasible to plan something workable.

Scheduling is tricky too... Tuesday and Wednesday are very early, many
people aren't there yet, and that will be all the more true if the
conformation schedule is compressed. After the Annual Meeting has evolved
as a workable time because so many are already assembled, but that only
holds together when the party location is near that of the Annual Meeting.
This year Friday was probably a good option. By definition, the List Party
is intended to be casual, low maintenance and informal, so some locations
lend themselves much better than others to it all working out optimally.
Next year does look promising, and we hope you will be there. I personally
pledge to give you a ride.....!!!

Regards,

Margy