[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Linebreed and Inbreeding on Stud Dogs

  • From: "Melissa" <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:00:02 -0500

My most succesful breedings have been outcrosses or very distant
linebreeding.   I do have some close linebreedings planned in the future but
it will be on a dog that I personally know and have extensive knowledge of
the good and any potential negatives that particular dog and it's close
ancestors possess.  Of course, some believe that a breeder isn't "succesful"
until they have bred a select or GV, but I will not take the fast-track by
knowingly inbreeding or closely linebreeding on a dog that's known to have
produced serious genetic health problems.

JMO!
Melissa
www.melanashepherds.com