[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "Light bulb moment" about tail chasing....

  • From: "Haney-Ray J's" <haneyrayjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Elsyd1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:06:41 -0800

I had a tail chaser, so I feel I also have knowledge when it comes to this
Problem, I mean no disrespect to Syd, but I "sometimes" wonder if it could
also be environmental, when I got my tail chaser he was 20 Months old, and a
kennel dog,  I made him a house dog and he only chased his tail when he was
left outside unattended, (bored? maybe?) & Never in the house. but as Syd
said he never completely stopped.

The product that I used on him was called 3 No Bite Spray made by Vedco.
Worked like a charm, but you had to use it faithfully.  You can get this
thru any Vet.

 I showed him to: 3 Championship titles and 6 Working titles and he also
assisted my daughter to 10 Best Junior handlers in Show.

He was one of the best dogs I ever had the HONOR to own.

Sally Bazzell
Haney - Ray J's

 You do not understand fully what this syndrome is...it is an  obsessive
compulsive disorder. It is not from boredom, etc. I think that  after 30
years I  know something about the breed. Shalom Syd

 SYD  MAILBERG 425-432-4144
 In a message dated 3/30/2005 1:44:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
 FAITHFULNANNY4@xxxxxxx writes:
 Shepherd's desire to be a working  animal, that when he or she is  sitting
idle and not  doing something to  stimulate there brain  to work, then they
get in a rut  and  do things,  like chasing  their tail, when they would
rather be outside
 running,  exploring, or  working sheep, etc. I hope that you will be able
to  find a  way  to stop the tail chasing with your dog----------