[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lifetime membership

  • From: Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fk.fasano@xxxxxxxxx, The List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 20:42:03 -0400

Dear Frank,

You are going to lose older members of the GSDCA because of the "new"
policy for Lifetime members, one of which I might become in a few years.

I have been a member in good standing of this club since January 1981. I
have advertised in The Review at times, occasionally donated to the
National Trophy fund, advertised on-line even though I rarely have a litter
of pups, helped judge the regional club website challenges, been a member
of a specialty club. I wrote a short-lived column for the Review a few
years ago. The last couple years, I have helped Dania Karloff to get
members to rejoin the club, by personally calling scores of people. I have
done a little.

I have to admit, I was looking forward to my FREE lifetime membership in a
few years. Now I see it has strings. It is ONLY TRULY FREE if I get the
on-line Review. Well, I am not on the computer all that much. I like to
read and hold that magazine in my hands. I pass it on when I'm done to
entice more people to join the GSDCA. I see 2 reasons for this
free-but-not-free-membership: Either the club is trying to rid itself of
older members like me or the club is trying to do away with our beloved
paper Review.

I am not happy. If this is the way it stands when I achieve 40 years, I
probably won't want to be a member any more.

Sincerely,

Penny Kroh
Member of the GSDCA since 1981