[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lifers etc

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 13:10:28 -0400

Ed just proved my point on limited time ....

I based my point on what numerous people have said was the reason that most
will not run for
the board

These are not the only factors - but time and/or money do come up alot

Again, no matter what Board you run for, most people do not get elected the
very first time.  This
come from lack of name recognition because most people voting have no clue who
they are
voting for!  This is a generalization from local politics, small and large
clubs and charitable
organizations and even stock holders of companies!

I have sat on several other Boards and these are the cases with those Boards as
well.

Incumbants are definitly harder to beat.  But we have limits on the consecutive
time someone
can run.

On 8 Sep 2013, at 16:42, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 do really want term limits but I
don't want it bad enough to get a petition started for two very good
reasons...it's not the position of most of the club members and second I
don't have that kind of time and energy at this point to take on yet
another project ( my plate is pretty full right now)...and your position
that there are only a limited number of people who can afford the board in
time and money?.....