[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Letter to the GSDCA BOD...also...

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'freelist'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 20:46:36 -0700

Why are the Board members discouraged from, or even told NOT to respond to any
conversation or
question on this List??? We know some of the Board are on the
List....possibly all of them....?
I understand some may not bother getting involved in any conversations on the
List or any other public
format of communication. That's OK. But to be told they are 'not allowed'
to respond to or speak to
the conversations or questions on the List regarding some of their decisions
appears secretive and
insecure in their own decisions and vote!! Most of the members do belong to
the List and or Facebook
This IS the age of easy communication.....why not utilize it?
A response to questions in a discussion and concerned questions seems to make
more sense than
insisting on private letters. The break in communication between the Board
and the members is
troublesome and certainly not necessary as very few of us are Buffoons!
Being treated as such
only causes resentment and suspicion. Obviously the Standard issue last year
and the National site
for three years was / is a major concern. We know the Standard and we know
what we expect for
our Nationals. We might even have some great input....<G>

Some have stated the "concern" seems to be that some on the List are not
members. OK......but
aren't non members allowed to attend an actual Board meeting and sit in the
'audience' and watch and
listen to the proceedings and watch the vote? So why would it matter to have
a simple easy format like
this List...where there can be an open discussion or responses to concerned
questions. Might even
cause some to opt to JOIN a Club with more open communication! <G>

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com