[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Letter in Kern County Paper Just got this

  • From: Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:23:33 EDT

Mandatory  spay and neuter
By:  Eddy Aldridge, Save Our Dogs

Topics: _Bakersfield_ (http://www.swvoice.com/home/ViewTag/633) ,  _Kern
County_ (http://www.swvoice.com/home/ViewTag/20140) , _pet_
(http://www.swvoice.com/home/ViewTag/152) ,  _Dogs_
(http://www.swvoice.com/home/ViewTag/1644) ,
_cats_ (http://www.swvoice.com/home/ViewTag/9467)
Posted  by _kelpiedude_ (http://www.swvoice.com/home/User/kelpiedude)   Fri
May 4, 2007 09:33:38 PDT
Viewed  49 times
As many of you may  or may not know, Kern County and California want to pass
a mandatory spay and  neuter law for ALL dogs and cats 4 months of age and
older.
California is calling it the  Healthy Pet Act, AB1634.
Spaying at such an  early age causes many health problems. And fines for
having an unaltered dog  or cat can be in the $500 range. In many counties the
cost of spay and  neutering has gone from $200 to over $500.
If the law passes  it would bring an end to many purebred and all mixed-breed
dogs. It would also  make it easier to start passing breed-ban laws in Kern
County  and California. You would no longer have the  right to own the breed of
your choice.
In California court, our  pets are our property, so really this is a property
rights issue. Just another  way to tell us what we can't do with our
property.
If you would like  to help fight this new law here in Kern County, please be
at the next Kern  County Animal Control meeting May 16 at 6 p.m. at 2700 M St.
Or take a look at  the Web sites below for more information on AB1634 and how
you can help join  the fight to Save Our Dogs â??â?? and your property  rights.
â??â??Eddy Aldridge
SAVE  OUR DOGS IN CA.
_http://saveourdogs.  net/_ (http://saveourdogs.net/)
MORE INFO ON AB 1634