[ SHOWGSD-L ] Letter from Bill Hemby of PETPACre AB1634

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:39:24 EDT

I'm sure some of you got this--but thought I'd post to list
 (http://petpac.net/r/989/7126/)
PetPAC Victory!

 (http://petpac.net/r/990/7126/)

Dear Helen,

We  did it!

Working together, the 33,000 members of PetPAC were victorious  today at the
State Capitol.

Assemblymember Lloyd Levine was told by  Members of the Senate Local
Government committee that his statewide mandatory  sterilization legislation
would not
get their vote.

Senators voiced their  opposition to the very foundation of the bill â??
punishing responsible pet owners  â?? and left Assemblyman Levine with little
choice
but to table the bill for six  months and come back to the committee next year
with amendments that will gut  most â?? if not all â?? of the current language.

We are grateful for your  support of PetPAC and thrilled with the outcome. It
was an honor to testify  against the bill today, and I was especially pleased
to enter into the record an  additional 742 organizations opposed to the
measure.

PetPAC has worked  around the clock advocating against AB 1634. Coming down
to the homestretch, our  television commercials took our story to millions of
Californians and bringing  Lassie to the Capitol stole the hearts of everyone
in Sacramento.

We will  continue to grow our coalition and organize our efforts against
opponents who  for months have shown more enthusiasm for personal attacks and
misleading the  public than working towards making good public policy.

Stay  tunedâ?¦together we will protect our pets.

Sincerely,

Bill  Hemby
Chairman,  PetPAC