[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Lets put our thinking caps on

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: caggra@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:21:48 -0800 (PST)

Wouldn't that be interesting...if the club took a stand against puppy mills,
brokers and pet store sales just as we acquired a member that makes a living in
this industry.  Maybe he will just quit the club on his own.

  A couple of cheap ways to protest sales of puppies in Pet Stores....bumper
stickers www.makestickers.com, our own websites...devote a page or paragraph on
your website about all the reasons for not buying at pet stores.....

  My latest bumper sticker is going to read "Stop Puppy Mills - don't buy your
PET from a STORE"

  Cindy
  cinosmgsd.com
caggra@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Kathy,

I completely agree, we as a club should be able to brainstorm some productive
ideas. Let's find good in this horrific situation we are in. We already have
some new members (Welcome Mike!) ....now let's focus some of our resources to
hitting Mr. Hunte's industry where it will hurt. His pocketbook.
I think there is enough passion and energy that our Parent Club should add a
committe that focuses on this issue. It we have the money and resources
available for it, give the committee a budget for placing ads in newspapers in
certain areas. Or better yet, target the malls across the country that house
these Puppy Mill Stores..aka pet stores. Flyers that give out information on
reputable breeders or the local All Breeds clubs info. I know most All Breed
clubs around our area have a contact that will refer people to reputatable
breeders of just about any breed. So, just giving that info to people would
stear them away from the stores in malls.

I have a very good friend that had bought his two corgi's from Petland. (Before
I knew him!! ) He takes them to the park and, of course, Corgi's are very
popular with people. So, people come up and ask him about them and asks where
he got them and he tells them Petland. Suprisingly, he says about 90% of these
people have a very negative reaction. Some even step away! So, there is hope!
Of course, he didn't understand their reaction and got very defensive. His dogs
are very healthy and have great temperments etc. It has taken me a few weeks to
break through his wall and get him to see that people aren't disrespecting him
or his dogs....it's directed at the puppy mill industry. He has agreed to never
buy a puppy from a pet store again! So, one down..... 85,000 to go.

Jeff Pyle