[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Lets put our thinking caps on

  • From: "Kerri Bojahra" <romance_german_shepherds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, CagGra@xxxxxxx, acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx, d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:01:56 -0500

good news my vet has just confirmed that i will be allowed to print out
leaflets for her office ...info on pet shop puppies and puppymills vs
reputable breeders. maybe the rest of you that have some spare time and a
printer can do the same.
kerri

>From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
>To: CagGra@xxxxxxx, acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx, d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx,
>showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Lets put our thinking caps on
>Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:43:16 EST
>

>In a message dated 2/7/2007 9:17:05 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>caggra@xxxxxxx writes:
>If Mr.  Hunte's facilities were better & cleaner than any hospital in the
>USA, had  the best workers in the land, were equipted with all of today's
>most
>modern  medicines, vaccinations and the best best food, supplements etc
>that we
>ourselves could think to feed, if his semi-trucks only carried 10 puppies
>rather than 230 and they were transported in high-class puppy hotels with
>a/c
>and silk covered doggie beds...
>
>HIS OPERATION GOES AGAINST EVERY FIBER  OF OUR MORAL BEING!!!
>
>I don't care what his facilities are or  how much he raises the bar for
>puppy
>mills, brokers, wholesalers  - I  don't care what you call it or how you
>make
>it look.  It's very  simple.  BAD MR. HUNTE....BAD BAD BAD MAN.
>

>Lets take this to the next step.  I believe our board will fix this.  Next
>set of problems:
>
>Removing Mr. Hunte from the membership roster won't decrease the demand for
>pet shop puppies.
>
>I see it as a two pronged problem.  How do we educating folks on how  "not"
>to buy a puppy.  (PSAs maybe?  on AP and National Geographic????  Adds in
>coffee table magazines, Better Homes and Gardens, etc???)  I like  the idea
>of
>educational booths at shows, but people who come to shows and look  for
>breeders
>already "got it".  How do we reach those that didn't "get it"  yet?
>
>And once we tell them how not to buy a puppy, how do we direct them to
>where
>TO buy a puppy and will the puppies be available?
>
>This is NOT a new problem.  I know that there are areas of the country
>where
>it is hard to sell/place a litter and I know there are other areas where
>the
>number of quality homes far exceeds availability.  I know some breeder
>requirements on where they will and won't place a puppy and under what
>conditions
>(limited reg, someone home a good part of the day) are viewed as a  big
>pain
>in the butt by the pet buying public and probably pushes them in the
>direction
>we don't want them to go...not that I'm suggesting we relax our  standards.
>

>There are web sites out there that are no more than puppy mills  on-line.
>Do
>we start one with "better" criteria???  Put the pet buying  public in touch
> [...]

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA