[ SHOWGSD-L ] Legislative alert for Colorado Dog Owners

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 13:22:52 -0800

I hope as many as you can, are attending the HSUS Lobby Day, too. Know what is
planned for you next!!!
FWD:

CO Alert on Limits bill - Act NOW to oppose!
Date: Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:04 am ((PST))

There is a legislative alert for Colorado Dog Owners at
http://CoDogFederation.org   on HB 09-1172 . The supporters are called it the
"puppymill bill' but it will have a negative effect on all breeders.  This is
an HSUS sponsored bill and we want to kill it dead!  We have had talks with
the sponsor of the bill but she is being deceived by the animal rights group
and can't see past that.  The Federation has been on top of this bill and
situation since December (before the bill was made public) and has lined up a
good coalition of groups to fight it, but we need letters right now to go out
to the House Ag Committee members in opposition. Your e-mail letters can make
a difference for us. The bill goes before this committee this Wednesday for
its first hearing and we would like to have enough opposition to kill it at
that time.  We are working overtime on this bill and have made good progress,
but now need the dog community to take action.  Anyone who would like to
attend the hearing please contact me so we have a well mannered and focused
group there.  We are expecting that the bill supporters will again be
demonstrating at the capitol for this bill, so it is very important that our
side be well represented.  They have actually been advertising on Craigs
list.  We want to kill this thing and let HSUS know that they are not welcome
in Colorado!  NAIA has set up a CapWiz alert for us and you can reach that
through the Federation website or at NAIA Trust website.

Thanks!!!

Linda Hart

Colorado Federation of Dog Clubs
--