[ SHOWGSD-L ] Legislation Santa Barbara update

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 01:01:50 -0400

  * * * * * PLEASE CROSSPOST * * * * *

  May 6 Hearing 9am To Consider Spay/Neuter Ordinance in Santa Barbara

  Please click on the link for the Board Letter (see below) to the Santa
Barbara County Board of Supervisors. In particular, read the paragraph about
AB1634. It is very clear that Santa Barbara County is being strong armed by
acid-tongue individuals that think they need to get MSN passed city by city. We
all know who/what is behind this push in Santa Barbara.

  Mancuso has sent her emails to the masses (which include, as per usual, a
request to "donate"). Kind of like "Do as I say and NOT as I do" wouldn't you
think? It is perfectly acceptable for Mancuso to panhandle but completely
inappropriate for PetPAC and any other organization to solicit donations for a
view contrary to hers. AR types have dug in their heels and will not be
satisfied until they have foisted their propaganda and agenda on everyone else.

  A recent "group" photo of Mancuso & Co. was obviously "not" very carefully
planned on their part. Looked a bit too "wasp-ish" to me (if you get my drift).
Not representative of socio-ethnic or economic diversity. Surely there must be
ONE minority in Ms. Mancuso's address book that she could have cajoled. Smilin'
Ed Boks planted in the middle of the picture, too. Bob Barker must have been
absent that day for the "school" photo!

  I am certain that just like her "spoof" of PetPAC's website where she felt
the IMMEDIATE NEED to footnote her latest iteration with "It's just political
parody," she will soon have a new group photo with every ethnicity in town
represented.

  Perhaps Ms. Mancuso can borrow the cat and dog that Lloyd Levine "uses" for
his photo opportunities. Lloyd is so brave to get up close and personal with
Fluffy & Fido. Talk about taking one for the team!

  Levine has frequently mentioned that he had asthma as a child (and possibly
may still be asthmatic.) I am certain, however, that he never partook of any
asthma inhalers for breathing assistance. These drugs might possibly have been
animal tested and for him to consider utilizing any suggested medication would
be totally contrary to an AR agenda.

  Another interesting side note is that, when you "click to donate" on her
recent email to the faithful, you get fast tracked to SOCIAL COMPASSION IN
LEGISLATION (SCIL). This organization has four principals: Judie Mancuso, Rolf
Wicklund ("Mr." Judie Mancuso), and Mr/Mrs. Jane/Mark Garrison (a bit too
Peta-esque for my taste). Possibly Green-i, the software company founded by
Judie and Rolf in 1996, is the generous benefactor. Ms. Mancuso swears she has
not received even a penny. Must be quite difficult at $4.00 per gallon to fuel
her vehicle and continually crisscross the state.

  SCIL is listed as a sponsor of AB1634. Possibly this is how Ms. Mancuso is
paying "her" bills, eh? Her weekly advertisments in the Capitol ROUNDUP cost
$300 per week. That's just ONE of her advertisements. This particular premium
ad placement has been running for more than a year. Money must be growing on
trees in her backyard.

  Another MSN "supporter" recently shared a comment that I personally can say
is false. Total fabrication on their part regarding transportation to the
hearing. But ... then ... what's new. It was stated that the opposition is
planning to bring people to Santa Barbara on Tuesday by the bus load. I am
happy to inform you that we (those individuals opposing MSN) will be arriving
in individual stretch limousines and feasting on foie gras en route.

  Lloyd, it's not the "slam dunk" you thought it would be. Ya think it is still
in your best interests with a Senate primary only weeks away?

  Brat Zinsmaster

  "The Legislative Committee recommended a support position on AB 1634 and this
item was put on the 2008 Legislative Priority list. When this recommendation
came before the full Board on December 11, 2007 the Board indicated that it
preferred the preparation of a local ordinance that could better reflect the
needs of the residents of Santa Barbara County and voted to remove AB 1634 from
the Countyâ??s 2008 Legislative Priorities. AB 1634 became a two-year bill
which is still under consideration at the State level."

  <http://bos-agenda.sbcgov.net/detailreport/matter.aspx?key=9580>

  COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA

  Legislative File ID 08-00366
  Type: Agenda Item Status: Departmental Agenda
  Title: HEARING - Consider recommendations regarding a Local Spay/ Neuter
Ordinance report, as follows: (EST. TIME: 1 HR. 30 MIN.) a) Receive a report on
the status of a local spay/neuter ordinance for Santa Barbara County and
provide policy direction to staff on further development of such an ordinance,
and if warranted; b) Authorize the Public Health Department - Animal Services
to initiate outreach efforts to receive public input on the draft ordinance,
and c) Direct the Public Health Department - Animal Services to return to the
Board for further consideration of a local spay/neuter ordinance based on
public input including an operational plan for implementation.

  Controlling Body: BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
  Introduced: 4/14/2008 Version: 2
  Final Action: Contact:
  Name: HEARING - Consider recommendations regarding a Local Spay/ Neuter
Ordinance report, as follows: (EST. TIME: 45 MIN.) a) Receive a report on the
status of a local spay/neuter ordinance for Santa Barbara County and provide
policy direction to staff on fu

  Hearing Date:
  Sponsors: SUPERVISOR CARBAJAL, SUPERVISOR GRAY

  Attachments: Board Letter

  Legislative History (* Unpublished Data) Date Acting Body Action Taken Motion
Media 4/22/2008 Unpublished Meeting Data Pending*

Checked by AVG.
AM