[ SHOWGSD-L ] Legal advice?

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:07:40 EDT

A while back, Dee Lauffer posted a posit about some community ordinances.   I
was hoping that some of the lawyers on the list might respond.   I'll post it
again, because I'm really curious.   I DID ask my lawyer daughter as a
general question, but maybe those of you who are more involved with dog law/and
or
community vs civil law might help us out better.   Thanks a lot.   Private if
you don't want to go on the list is fine.
Stormy Hope
Colorado

Here's her question:

> Recently I found a couple communities that have an ordinance that makes it
> illegal to not spay/neuter your animal if your breeder contract requires it.
> At first look I thought it was a great idea, puts more teeth into the
> breeder contract.  However, I'm wondering if there is a down side to this.
>
> With both cities it's in with their animal ordinances and all the rest of
> their other animal ordinances are the usual leash laws, rabies shots etc.
> Nothing out of the ordinary.
>
> Can anyone think of a downside to this?  I'm wondering if this is something
> we all should propose to our own local governments instead of breed bans etc.
> Dee Lauffer

www.FairhopeGSD.com