[ SHOWGSD-L ] Leaving..no longer showing/ Questions

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:45:40 -0800

To: <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>;" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 8:54 AM
Subject: Leaving..no longer showing/ Questions

>> What is the average age of the people you see at Specialty shows?
>> What is the average age of the people you see at WDA events or USA events?
>> How do they differ and I am not talking dogs here I don't want to hear one
>> darn
>> thing about what you think of their dogs looks. How do the events differ?
>> This might be a good place to start.
                        **********************
We have.......several times, because we are always looking for a good German
dog,
and we like to watch the work.  There is absolutely NO sitting around  in chairs
watching the dogs.   Everyone had a dog on a big leather leash.
Almost everyone was young, BUFF, Leather was IN, MACHO attitude, even with the
women.......<G>   The dogs were Macho....even the bitches....it was laughed at
and
encouraged.  They ate with the dogs, visited with the dogs, sat with the
dogs.....the
dogs were the primo part of their lives....no dogs sitting in crates out of
their
vehicles.
We are always in jeans and sweat shirts or T shirts... no tight pants with huge
leather belts or leather vests...we look different <G> They know we are not one
of them.........no one is friendly.
NO puppies around.....BIG THICK LEATHER Leashes, belts, collars, arm bands,
leather boots, etc.   Just like us at a show....they clapped and encouraged
dogs....
No kids that we saw.  There were bleaches for people that came to watch... ( us
)
It is very long and drawn out.  It's the 'big event' for them....not just
another
show.   No dogs left in crates ring side.

>> I don't think you can blame the decline in our sport on money. It has always
>> been
> expensive. I want to know why the young folks are More willing to pay
> 10,000.00 plus
> on a German bred dog. Spend another 5 to 10 thousand  titling it before they
> ever
> get to show in the adult classes.> Terry
>                  ************************************
EXCELLENT MARKETING!!!
We don't have the Ads out in any of the magazines!!    Check out Dog World....or
any dog magazine at any pet store!!!   MARKETING!!!   Type in German Shepherd
Dog on the Net and see what comes up.    MARKETING!!!
Most of us don't promote or advertise as agressively as they do....we don't
have the
volume of puppies they do to promote.....

( with us personally........it IS the money......... )

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com