[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Leaving dogs at home

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:43:41 EDT

I went to the National in Oregon with 5 adults GSD's, a Border Terrier and 8,
7wk old puppies.  The BT was a pain and kept escaping.  The puppies were alot
of work as pups are.  But the adults were great.  I travel with them alot in
the RV and they are used to it.  But, I will never travel to a National with
that many dogs again.  I was exhausted and was able to do little to no
socializing.  I have a gal doing a trial run for me in Nov. when I go to a
Green Bay
Packer game at Lambeau Field.  I can't go to the Nationals this year but am
going to start getting things set up for next year.  I can't afford to board 5
or
so dogs for 2 or more weeks either.  With a pet sitter, I will only have to
bring the dogs who are showing or entered in performance events.  This will
probably still be 4 dogs.  But that is a heck of alot easier than 13, LOL!
Laura Thomas
www.treasureranchgsds.com

In a message dated 9/13/2006 3:29:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Welcome to  my world...traveling with 7 dogs.....but actually I'll just have
6, my handler will keep the one she is showing with her.  I do this fairly
regularly, so both my dogs and myself are use to it though never for 5 or 6
days
at a stretch.

  Cindy