[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Leave This Breed??

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:44:06 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/2010 8:41:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx writes:
After  reading the above,I rest my case!! The BREED is in the hands of the
individual  owner/ breeders. There are many avenues of SHOWING, HERDING,
AGILITY,  RALLY, WORKING, etc that are open to ALL owners of this  BREED. IF
this  CLUB fails, it will be our own fault; BUT The Reginal Clubs will pick up
the  slack, individuals will organize new Clubs; Many may join Clubs beside
the  AKC. but the BREED will live on as it has for 100  years.

i'm curious about a few things, morgan.  to which "new" clubs are you
referring?  are these "new" clubs member clubs of the GSDCA?  without  a parent
club, there are no member clubs so please explain this phenomenon of  which,
apparently, only you are aware.  while it is true that there are  other
clubs "beside the AKC", the regional clubs of which you seem to speak are
member clubs of the GSDCA which is a member of the AKC.  as individuals, we  do
not join the AKC.  have you ever tried to start and license a new  regional
club?  it takes much time, effort and hard work on the part of its  members.

just out of curiosity, in which venue do you, personally, participate and
title GSDs?  Conformation?  Obedience?  Herding?   Agility?  Rally?
Tracking?
diane
Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog