[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lead by example

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 19:57:40 EST

In a message dated 11/1/2009 10:50:19 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
My  biggest worry  has
been ,and always will be that this continuing  effort to produce a new
"Illustrated Standard",based on the style of  dog ,being bred and shown at
the
present time, and to discard Norrie  Ordness' Generic Illustrated
Standard,drawn strictly from the  written Standard, that has  served
successfully as a
teaching  tool for over 55 years.

Our breed must and does evolve.  We would never want to  put up Horund and
I sure can think of a lot of Grand Victors of years past, that  I would not
even take to a show. There are some that would win today, but we  have a
better dog than we did 50 years ago.

I believe the breed gets better and better, but not in short spurts, but
over time.

I agree that we should not set a standard to what is winning, but to what
should win. That may be the challenge.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/