[ SHOWGSD-L ] Law of Reciprocity

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 07:28:01 -0800 (PST)

  Technically the above means "mutual exchange"...but I have a different
definition...I define the "law of reciprocity" this way..." if you do what
you've always done, you will get what you've always got"......during the last
campaign for positions on the Board of Directors one of the many important
issues to me was increasing club members...even gang members know there is
strength in numbers ( thats about all they know)....had I been successful
gaining a seat on the board I would have tried to accomplish three things to
help our club increase its membership, but before I go on let me make this
disclaimer....this post IS NOT an early campaign speech to run for the board
next year...I equate that experience with the time I jumped out of an
airplane..."been there done that, don't plan to do it again"...The first thing
I would have tried to do is to investigate how to put our National on Live
video steaming....that way folks at home could log on to the website and watch
the ring
 side
 action live in real time...I do not believe this would hurt video sales...next
I would contact the Animal Planet channel...they have filmed a small piece of
our National before, Evan and Ben got about 15 seconds of fame...why not offer
them the rights to shoot the whole event and after they edit it, our National
can be featured on National TV....and last and most important...we are a large
club...I would like to see us have a National Convention every other year at a
large hotel..We would have various seminars on all sorts of topics, we would
invite authorities on each subject to give presentations and lead
discussions...Early this year when I attended the Chicago shows I stayed at the
Four Point Sheraton ( a wonderful hotel) the National Association of Racing
Pigeons was having its annual seminar there...they were having lots of fun, and
I am assuming this would work for us too....time to hit the shower...next week
I become a real live teacher!.........be careful what you w
 ish for
 , cuz you might get it.....FB