[ SHOWGSD-L ] Laurie Pruett

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:04:05 EDT

It seems like just a few days ago we were all enjoying a good show weekend
at the Mid Atlantic Futurity, and it was a delight for many to spend some
extra  time with Laurie, myself included.
By Sunday Laurie was pretty tired, but she sat with us under our tent,
trying to stay away from the rain with Larry & Charlotte Gilbert, and  watched
the Futurity with joy, perhaps knowing there wouldn't be many more.

The battle that Laurie fought with Cancer was a tough one. But she did  it
valiantly, and without complaints.

As a fellow shepherd person, I feel the loss of someone I truly admired. In
 a selfish way, I wish we had more time, more conversations, I always came
up  with so much more from spending time with Laurie.  She was so supportive
 and welcoming to us and our dogs when we moved to the North East, and we
really appreciated her.

As a breed club, we have lost a real ambassador, a true lover of the Breed,
 and a person for whom the words honest, strong and knowledgeable are not
enough.

Our most sincere sympathies to Ariel, who has lost a mentor and a friend,
and to all the rest of Laurie's friends and family.

Rest in peace, Laurie

Pablo & Ileana

fingertips.