[ SHOWGSD-L ] Last of my summertime Brags!

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 00:28:50 -0700 (PDT)

What a summer this has been!  I had such a great time traveling with Kent, Liz,
Callie, and her kids from the Hearts litter.  This past weekend was the last
show on our schedule, and the summer ended as all good things should
end...WELL!!!!  RiverRock's Restless Heart (Hasso) finished his championship on
Sunday by going WD both days.  Momma Callie went BOB on Sat.  And little Sera
Jane (RiverRock's Straight From The Heart) not only went WB and BOB over her
mom and brother on Sun, but went on to take GROUP 1 and the 4 PT MAJOR that
came with it!!!!  Ohhhhh, Sera!  You are so full of surprises!  She now only
needs 3 minor points to finish as the 3rd champion from the Hearts litter!
As I reflect on this wonderful summer, I want to give special recognition to
the role that Liz Oster played.  It was she who recognized that Hasso, who had
been placed in a great pet home, had star quality.  In five short months,
mostly at her place, she conditioned and trained Hasso to perform as a show
dog.  Her faith in him never wavered, and I was amazed at the dog he became
under her tutelage.  I returned Hasso to his "Daddy" late last night in a
Perkins parking lot.  I wish Liz could have seen Mike's face as he wrestled and
played, so proudly, with his new champion!  He has no idea what went into the
making of Hasso between shows.  But I do!  Thanks, Liz, for an amazing job with
this beautiful dog!  And, of course, my thanks to Kent for helping me bring
another dream to reality.

We have just embarked on a new breeding endeavor, so I have some new dreams in
the cooker.  More later!  See you at the National, I hope!

Zoa

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockgermanshepherds.com
Home of Multiple Group Winner  GCH RiverRock's Hotel California (Callie) HSAs
RN BN
GCH RiverRock's Heart of The Matter (Luke)
RiverRock's Straight From The Heart (Sera Jane) PT  HSAsd Ch. pointed
RiverRock's Karla v Kenlyn (Karla) HT PT Ch. pointed