[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Last ahows

  • From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • To: texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 01:05:50 EDT

I have been on the list a long time and I really do not recall that being
said maybe alluded to but we all know that some of the highest Selects and
Grandvictors/victrixes and done well at All Breeds.  Like any show,
sometimes the good ones are there and it is exciting and other times, not so
much
(Specialty & All Breed Alike! ). I prefer specialties always have for  many
reasons. I do however show at all breeds but can tell you I want the big
specialty ring win first or at least within the campaign.

If it were me, and I thought my dog was good enough I would simply show it
off in the big ring amongst my peers...I do that myself a lot.  Many  times
I do nothing, sometimes a nice placing and other times, nice big wins when
showing at the nationals.... The reason is... FABULOS Competition. I don't
always agree with the dogs that are put up but, generally the best of the
best  is there and then I can compare in my mind, not the judges not the guy
sitting  next to me (the judges generally get the better ones up to the top
of the class)  , what I have and what I don'tm compared to the rest.  And
most importantly  where I might want to breed next.

What I find is, people are not stupid, if you have a good dog even if  the
judge does not like it, people will see it and appreciate it and look it
up....  And there are lots of judges at the Nationals

JMHO
Deb

In a message dated 6/1/2011 9:34:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
How many  times on this list have people implied or said outright that dogs
shown at all  breeds are inferior to those shown at specialties? Who would
want to show  their all breed dog at the National, or any specialty, if
that's what is  thought of our dogs?

Diane

Sent from my
POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.