[ SHOWGSD-L ] Last Hope needs your help in North Carolina!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 07:03:28 -0700 (PDT)

Again, Administrators...thank you for your continued patience. We are in need
of some help with a horrendous situation that is occurring at the Gaston County
North Carolina shelter.
They have a program there ostensibly for "vet techs" where they take a selected
number of dogs (it appears to be the youngest and oldest) to place into their
Vet Tech program for "training". These puppies and seniors are subjected to
days of needle sticks, and truly...heaven knows what else, only to be
euthanized when they are done with their atrocities. They never make it back to
the adoption floor.
There is a 16 week old GSD puppy who we have a HOME for that has been placed in
this "program". They are refusing to release this puppy to Rescue, stating that
if "all goes well", they might release this baby on Saturday. If they are being
TRUTHFUL, (I tend to doubt), this means that this poor puppy is doomed to be
TORTURED for the next three to four days! Why would they do this when the
Rescue informed them that they have an adopter waiting???
With all the animals that are euthanized, why is it that this program cannot
use euthanized dogs and cats? Why are they needing LIVE subjects?
We are going to give this facility (I refuse to call it a shelter; by the very
definition of the word, they do NOT shelter ANYTHING) until the end of the day
today to release this dog to Julie's rescue. If they fail to comply, then we
will bring the newsmedia down on them. This barbaric treatment of innocent
shelter animals who have NO ONE to step up for them NEEDS TO STOP.
Thank you for listening!
Dawn Restuccia and Last Hope Safe Haven Inc.

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to:
Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx