[ SHOWGSD-L ] Last Call on Helen Miller Fisher's memorial

  • From: Margaret Simerson <simcargsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 21:40:07 -0600

 I have been collecting for the Review ad and anything leftover will be donated
to the American GSD Charitable Foundation.  We would like to get the ad into
the May edition of the Review.  We need final names in the ad by Feb. 25th.
She did not want a memorial service and we honored her at the GSDC of
Minneapolis & St. Paul annual awards banquet in January.  She was the last of
the founding members.  Her son David Miller, along with Connie Bissonnette and
Ginny Altman gave memorial eulogies, with Ginny singing "On Eagles Wings" at
the end.  The GSDCMSP is honoring Helen all weekend at the Midwest Fut/Mat
shows held by the GSDCMSP in June and there will be a memory table in her
honor.  The inaugural "Helen Miller Fisher Best of Breed Trophy plaque will be
awarded at the Sunday Specialty starting this year.  A pillar of the breed,
Helen was one of a kind and will be missed by so many across the entire dog
show community.

Helen passed on January 21, 2015 at 9:15 am at her home with David and niece
Lynn
 at her bedside.

She was 88.
There will be no public service and in lieu of flowers, donations are
requested directly for the family in care of:
David Miller
8139 38th St. N
Lake Elmo, MN 56042
I will take care of the Review Memorial Ad. Please send your ad donation,
check written out to Peggy Simerson to:
Peggy Simerson
165 Cty. Rd. M
Star Prairie, Wi. 54026
Also send me an email that you are sending a donation, with the name you want
in the memorial, as we may still be getting donations after the ad is completed.
simcargsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you all,
Peggy Simerson
GSDCMSP President