[ SHOWGSD-L ] Last Call 2009 GSDCA Regional Club Website Competition Enrollment

  • From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:48:41 EST

Hello To All Regional Club Contacts:
We are closing the entries for the 2009 Website competition shortly so we can
start the first scoring period.  I want to make sure that every club who
wants to participate has the opportunity to do so.  I am so proud of this
competition as we enter our fifth year of competition.  Enrollments have
increased
every year and the quality of the websites has increased every year.  We will
exceed the number of enrollments this year and the committee loves spending
time
with each and every website.

With the ever increasing number of clubs competing.  We are looking at ways
to recognize as many clubs with awards as reasonable while not cheapening the
prestige of winning an award.  Along those lines we are looking at possibly
dividing the competition into two categories, one for websites created and
maintained by a nonprofessional member of the host club, one for websites
created
and maintained by "professional" webmasters who may or may not be a member of
the club to which the website belongs.  We haven't entirely clarified the
definition of "professional" but will have the definition in place within the
next
couple of days.

I am in the process of finishing the contacts with each of the 2008 enrollees
in which I give them feedback on what aspects of their websites were scored
high by the committee and which were in the lower scoring features.  This
feedback has been asked for by the enrolled webmasters and I am happy to go
through
the score sheets with them.

If your club wants to take part in this years competition, please e-mail me
at BJBuie@xxxxxxx the following information:

Name of the Regional Club
Web address of the club's website
Name of the Webmaster
E-mail address of the webmaster
Webmaster's other contact information, phone number, etc.
Is the webmaster a member of the club
Does the webmaster derive any portion of their income from
building/maintaining websites either as a corporate employee or as    a
homebased business

Good Luck to all clubs!

If you have additional questions, please let me know.

Betty Johnson
Chair
GSDCA Regional Club Website Competition
BJBuie@xxxxxxx
660-886-5942

Committee Members
Penny Kroh  (3rd year)
Chris Jolley Kimerer (2nd year)
Amy Hubbard (1st year)  WELCOME ABOARD AMY!!!!

A Good Credit
Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/
pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62)