[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Lance Free lines? How about his pedigree

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:55:26 EST

I have been reading with interest all the comments back and forth about
Lance free lines but I have not seen anything about Lance's  pedigree.  I
believe
that if anyone is concerned about Lance's  pedigree, they should pay attention
to where he can from.  And this is  the part that I find interesting.

Lance was linebred on a bitch named Rosal v Osnabruckerland who was  very
prevalent in the imported pedigrees of that time.  Rosal  was Troll v
Richterbach's grand dam and Hein v Richterbach's  dam.  Lance was also an Axel
von
Deininghauserheide great  grandson.  Axel was very strong in the pedigree of
most of
the dogs in that  era, including Bernd v Kallengarten (Yoncalla's Mike
grandsire) and Ulk  Wikingerblut through Axel's son Troll.  The very popular
crosses
of Lance  with Bernd lines were actually doubling on Axel.    BTW, Lance's
dam, the beautiful Frohlich's Elsa v Grunestahl was linebred Hein v
Richterbach,  who as I said was a Rosal son.

Soooo.. for those that are looking for Lance free pedigrees, please dig in  a
bit further and find if there are any Axel v d Deininghauserheide or  Rosal v
Osnabruckerland lines or Hein v Richterbach.  You may be quite  surprised.

However, it has been a lot of fun to dust the cowebs and bring back  some of
the old memories,   Thanks guys.

Dania

PS - I hope all of these recollections are correct, I am sure someone will
set me straight if this is not the case.