[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lanalee's Post on the Illustrated Standard DECODED

  • From: Margery Golant <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:17:33 -0500

Since Lanalee is having computer issues this morning, below is the post she was
trying to send to the List earlier, decoded:

From:  WALFLWR2
Date:  2005/03/11 Fri AM 08:43:45 EST
To:  RihadinK9
CC:  showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  NIS, Artists, Etc.

Ginger;

I don't ever remember turning you down when I was looking for an artist in
2002. Sorry if in my old age my memory is failing.

I did have some artists come forward last summer when all the controversy
reared its head, but by that time we were so deep into the project we didn't
see how adding a new artist at that time would be beneficial.

Again, I would like to point out that this project has been the result of a
effort of MANY people, not just LInda. What is on her website is NOT what is in
the New Illustrated Standard. The GSDCA owns all the work in the NIS. The
project has been reviewed at virtually EVERY board meeting since its
inception. David Rinke and Fred Migliore have gone over in depth all the
illustrations we are using and given us their input. The Board spent hours in a
Friday night work session at the last board meeting and their comments as well
as those from members in the audience are also being incorporated. We are
trying very hard to put out a quality product. Will we make everybody happy?
No. But if we can produce a quality product that can be used in educating
future judges, future breeders and just plain anyone interested in learning
about out beautiful breed, then we will feel we have accomplished our goal.

Incidentally, the $6000 you have heard mentioned in conjunction with this
project is money that came from Purina, has been earmarked ONLY for specific
projects of which this is one, and will be used to print, produce and make
available the NIS to ALL members upon completion.

Lanalee Jorgensen