[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lameness HELP

  • From: MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:57:43 EST

Can a 3 1/2 month old puppy get pano?  Wednesday puppy was not walking  on
left front leg, just dragging the leg, had x-rays done no abnormalities  found,
pain seemed to be in the humura (sp) bone, put on rest and pain  meds, if no
improvement next step would be orthopaedic consult, however it  improved
putting weight on leg and total weight on it by Saturday, Saturday  night lame
in
the right rear leg, hardly putting any weight on it but at least  not dragging
it.  The vet and I thought maybe an injury jumping up on the  gate for the
front leg, pulled muscles maybe but now with that doing well  and it traveled
the opposite side and in the back it sounds like pano?   I have never heard of
it this young.  Any ideas?

Joyce
MyJoy Shepherds
_http://members.aol.com/myjoygs_ (http://members.aol.com/myjoygs/)