[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: LaMar Kuhns Award

  • From: Rita Sandell <magic4sure@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:46:46 -0700 (PDT)

"The Lamar Kuhns Award, the Lloyd Brackett Award and the Roll of Honor are
discussed in Executive Session of the Board.?"   In response to Lew's statement.

  I will only address the LaMar Khuns award since I was the previous chair
before George.

  The Policy and Procedure for this award is as follows:  "This award is given
for outstanding presentation and grooming of dogs and creating good will for
German Shepherd Dogs.  The award will be open to both the non-professional or
professional.

  Nominations will come from individuals or Regional Clubs.  Resumes of the
nominees to be sent to the LaMar Kuhns Award Committee Chairman.  The
nomination period will be from the Annual Meeting until the close of business
on July 15.  At that time the committee will screen nominees and choose the
recipient.  Their selection will be secret until the ceremony.The Kuhns Award
is not a mandatory yearly award."

  Since I was the previous chair, George contacted me to get the above
information.  When he had chosen his recipient, he contacted me about the
trophy.  I gave him that information as well and assisted him in ordering the
trophy.

  I am placing the following in caps so that you hear what I am saying.  I am
not yelling!!!

  NO WHERE IN THE ABOVE DOES IT STATE THAT THE BOARD APPROVES THE KHUNS AWARD.
MY REPORT TO THE BOARD WAS ALWAYS TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I HAD A RECIPIENT,
NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.  THE AWARD DOES NOT HAVE TO BE GIVEN EVERY YEAR.

  GEORGE CONTACTED ME BECAUSE HE WAS ASKED TO FURNISH THE NAME.  I TOLD HIM
THAT LEW PROBABLY THOUGHT THAT HE SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE LAST YEAR I INFORMED LEW,
AND ONLY LEW, THAT I WAS MAILING THE TROPHY TO HIM WITH THE BIO.  I DECIDED
THAT I WANTED HIM TO PRESENT THE AWARD AT THE NATIONAL RATHER THAN ME.

  GEORGE WANTED TO GIVE THE AWARD HIMSELF SO I INFORMED GEORGE THAT HE NEED NOT
TELL ANYONE AND JUST REPORT TO THE BOARD THAT HE HAD A RECIPIENT.

  I WROTE AN EMAIL TO LEW EXPLAINING ALL OF THIS TO HIM AND THAT GEORGE DID NOT
HAVE TO REVEAL THE NAME OF THE PERSON.  I STATED THIS ONCE AGAIN TO THE BOARD
AT THE JULY MEETING.

  Why all of this continues is beyond me.  I hope that this is put to rest.  I
am very sorry for what has happened with this board and it has now spilled over
to the awards.  My Oh My!!!!

  Respectfully submitted,

  Rita Sandell

 Check out  the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.