[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: L.S 's Version of the Standard......... Sorry it is LONG

  • From: arycrest@xxxxxxx
  • To: workingdawgs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:36:14 +0000

Personally, I don't think it's a "beauty contest", to me that's a demeaning
description of what the breeders are trying to achieve.  It's about comparing
animals to a set standard of conformation, selecting those that come closest to
meeting that standard for breeding stock.  I have to agree with Iza Kabuska, if
you're going to say all dogs with the title of CHampion should have a Companion
Dog title, then it only stands to reason to make the same requirement that
those dogs competiting in obedience should meet the conformation standards of
the breed.  I believe in the philosophy of live and let live - let those who
are interested in showing in conformation and breeding pursue their goals - let
those interested in showing in performance activities pursue their goals - let
those who want to compete in multiple venues pursue their goals.
--
Gayle
Ringer ~ Honey ~ Kelly ~ Bo-Bo ~

-------------- Original message from Michelle Crawford