[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: L.S 's Version of the Standard......... Sorry it is L...

  • From: CANINEHERO@xxxxxxx
  • To: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, iza10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, workingdawgs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:27:15 EST

In a message dated 3/11/2005 10:43:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, Rbuffdogs
writes:
> While these are excellent and valid points, all of them, conformation vs
> working, and believe me these arguments exist in the GSD worldwide, (I would
> love to see the Selects require a title at both ends, and a full on, Bob
> Penny
> style Temperament test for the final 10, but I know it will never happen,
> lol)
>  And although valid arguments  we don't want to turn the standard discussion
> into a German system v American system argument or get into whether a CH can
> work (yes) but can an obedience/working dog then get a CH (yes). We need to
> differentiate the topics.
> The breed is worth whatever it takes to BETTER it, whether it is better
> public education, through say a standard? Whether it is DISALLOWING obvious
> physical defects and mental unsoundness to be rewarded, or what have you. If
> it
> takes a year or two great, if it takes TEN years the breed is worth it. Rome
> wasn't built in a day, but it was ruined in one helluva hurry.
>  Kathy

                Amen... You are absolutely right. We must have some standard
of working with confirmation to better the breed from a total picture. Sure
the German standard has been in place for years.. But we can create something
... And if it take 2-10 years. yes, the breed is worth it...   Mike