[ SHOWGSD-L ] L.S 's Version of the Standard

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:26:29 EST

I have sat and read many posts about why , we the membership cannot  see the
"New and Improved" version of Miss Shaw's illustrations...."the  club can't
afford it, it would be too much work ."..yaddah , yaddah.
How about post it on a website? For those without computers, a copy could  be
made and sent to requesting clubs, to be distributed to its members.
    This  reminds me of third world county  dictatorships... If you do not
allow the "masses" to be privy to information,  don't allow them to read, don't
distribute information about rights, democracy,  voting, and keep people in
the dark, then you maintain CONTROL. You are free to  force upon the unknowing
,
uninformed masses YOUR version of how things should  and will be.  The
"masses" in this case the GSDCA club members will not  object for very long,
because
they are not "allowed" to read or see , and are  placated with "we are
improving it" and gee..."its just toooo expensive to let  all you (minions, my
word
not theirs) see".. and have a voice in your OWN  Standard. So just be quiet
and allow us to tell you how the breed should look as  WE see it, because
apparently the Board members pushing this illustration, along  with the artist
are
all knowing, all seeing, and we should just eat whatever  they tell us is the
right way to go?I think not.
    Especially nauseating when you read the artists OWN  words on her
website, that condemns our American dog, and practically calls us  ALL ignorant
temperament issues, being sidegait maniacs, to paraphrase.  Thanks but I don't
think I would want such a prejudiced person anywhere NEAR  such an important
project as the US STANDARD.
    I don't think we elected the Board, past or present  to keep us
uniformed, nor did we elect them because we think any of them should  have a
control
over passing something as important as our  Standard.
It is the MEMBERSHIP who should have the yea or nay ultimately, it is
afterall THEIR standard, and how we will be represented to the world.
Kathy

Finest in American Show & German Importing
WEBSITE  UPDATED: 2-29-2005
_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)