[ SHOWGSD-L ] LOUISIANA BRAGS!

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(showgsd-l)>, "Germanshepherds4show" <Germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:47:57 -0500

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

 First I would like to thank all the club members for hosting another great
cluster of shows. Steve and I typically support this show but have been
absent for the last couple of years. The club tries to get a variety of
judges, some current breeder judges, some breeder judges who aren't
breeding anymore, but still have the "eye" for correct, fluid, suspending
movement!
Now for the big brags. On Friday, under judge Lee Brown( who filled in for
Mr. Markowitz when he was unable to judge) our youngster, Hickoryhill's
Porter House("aka Macho") went WD and BOS from the 12-18 class for 2pts!
His sister, SE BIF winner, Hickoryhill's Doll House(" aka Barbie) was
awarded the honor of WB, BOW and BEST BREED over specials!What a tremendous
win for such a young bitch! Thank you Mr, Brown, for recognizing the
quality in these two youngsters!  On Friday evening, judge Randy Chesnut
again awarded our Porter House with WD for a 3pt major and Barbie WB for
the major also. Just when we thought it couldn't get much better, Mr.
Chesnut awarded Porter House with BEST OF BREED again over specials, giving
him a 4pt major! On Sat. evening judge Vicki Roye awarded Porter House with
RWD, perhaps not as big a win, but the compliments she gave our youngster
about his beautiful effortless side gait were very flattering and that in
and of itself is an honor!Porter House is owned by Steve and I and Doll
House is co- owned by John Schacht! John is so excited to be exhibiting
again and even more excited that his handsome Nathan, who never bred to
until 6 years of age has produced two very nice youngsters from his first
litter out of our Sel. Brick House.

 When all the judges I am about to list below can find  promising young
stars..that is saying something! As they say the "cream usually rises to
the top!" Finding a "good" one, isn't about judging the maturity of the
animal..it is about judging quality. it is about finding the best one even
when the "applause-o-meter" is poised to work against a dog by either the
crowd supporting the "home town favorite, or the handlers entourage of
clients supporting the dogs he/she is showing. However that is part of the
sport and we all use what we can to our advantage hoping to influence the
outcome!LOL!In closing, Steve and I would like to thank all the
judges..breeder and "past" breeder judges alike that have gotten both these
young dogs off to a phenomenal start  Porter House: Best Puppy wins Edie
Trocki, Lee Brown, Helen Gleason, Kathy Casteel, RWD, Randy Hamm(major)
Phil Miller and Vicki Roye, WD, Kathy Casteel(major), Lee Brown and Randy
Chesnut( major)  Doll House: Best in SE futurity, Joan Fox, Best Puppy:
Randy Hamm, WB and BOB, Lee Brown and WB Randy Chesnut. All  the points on
these two puppies have been put on them by OWNER /HANDLER Steve Grainger!
Again to all the judges we can't ever thank you enough for these nice wins,
and to the other winners this weekend, congrats on your nice wins!  Steve
and Christine Grainger