[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re:   L.A.times PETPac Article #3...a FIGHT!

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:11:42 EDT

Look at Beth Pavley who is strongly supported and expected to win the seat.

http://www.franpavley.com/

She and her family raised guide dogs.   However her voting record for animals
isn't spotless.   She voted for the bill (didn't pass) to prohibit dogs to be
used in hunting.   Watch and learn.

Levine will be fighting along with Nava, Padilla, Nunez and others to get an
initiative passed to extend term limits.   If qualifed in time, this will be
on the February ballot.   If passed, this would extend all these legislators (I
may be wrong on one), to another 4 years.

Stormy
In a message dated 7/16/07 2:05:32 PM, marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:

> Typical political rhetoric method.............accuse the other side of
> making millions  and accusing us who
>  have dogs and breed of selfish interest and financial gian......when in
> actuality it is usually the opposite
>  situation......and then accuse the other  side of fostering "emotions"
> when in actuality it is usually the
>  opposite.    Levine accuses our side of "distorting facts and using scare
> tactics"  when again....that can
>  be said of his side.   Levine hoped to get a "step up"  into a Senatorial
> position with this bill I believe.....
>
>  All PETPac did was make a concentrated effort to fight back....and was
> surprisingly successful
>  for the time being because of great efforts from many.
>  Levine had money AND emotions behind him in the beginning!!
>
> Let's all strive to prove Levine wrong in his "skepticism that PETPac will
> become a major force"   and
>  help this Org. to be able to fight the same good fight in Kentucky or
> Pennsylvania.....wherever needed.

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs