[ SHOWGSD-L ] LAS VEGAS NATIONAL - NOT!

  • From: ropajagsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:46:08 -0500

I have to agree also with the NO LAS VEGAS for our National for the same
reasons as Stormy and Doris? Aren't you all cringing at the very thought of
having a 3 month old puppy S/N?? Those of you with a litter just whelped or a
few weeks old - aren't you just SICK at the thought that IF such an ordinance
were passed there or in your area that your precious litter COULD be pulled out
of your home and may or may not be returned and if they were returned; would
they be in the same condition in which they left??? Those precious litters that
we haved planned and waited sometimes for several years to have?
Money is the great persuader in this day and age when it comes to laws and
ordinances; if there's money?behind?it and the opposition does not care enough
or does not have enough?money to fight then it will be passed.? Pauline
Pauline Moon
Ropaja German Shepherds

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:25:10 -0800
From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LAS VEGAS NATIONALS

Stormy435@xxxxxxx wrote:

>If Clark County passes this horrid ordinance (taking litters and dam to the
>ACShelter if no Breeding permit, all pups sterilized by 3 months), I wouldn't
>step foot in Las Vegas or anyplace in Clark County.   North Las Vegas has
>draconian ordinances as well.
>
>I would absolutely love to have a National that close, but no thank you if
>they pass this ordinance. All the screaming about Denver and the killing of
>the

>pitbulls...And the National was not even there, but in a pet-friendly county
>in Colorado!
>

>Stormy Hope

 I must agree with Stormy, and it would be very easy for me to get
there, too.  NOT a dog-friendly town. Doris E

    #1: From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
    #2: From: Ams <shutter45@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: on the 2nd Amendment
    #3: From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
    #4: From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    #5: From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
        Subject: An Analogy
    #6: From: <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    #7: From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
        Subject: The misunderstood analogy
    #8: From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
        Subject: I am so PO'd!!!!!
    #9: From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:03:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>

I have to agree.?? I would love to go to a Vegas National.? That would truly be
a vacation.?? Twenty-four hour drive for me.? I don't care.? It's also
irrelevant whether the hotel adjacent to the site accepts pets.??So we just
don't stay at that hotel.???? And for those that refuse to leave their dogs in
the stall (I wouldn't)....but send their dogs with handlers......
hello????.......I've been told by a very well known dog that spending quality
time in the Box Truck with a bunch of other strange dogs ain't no picnic
either.
:o)
?
I know someone that went to the ASCA show with dogs.? I'll try and get the
scoop.
?
Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:14:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Ams <shutter45@xxxxxxxxx>

This is actually Dr. Suzanna Gratia. She is a Chiropractor from Copperas Cove.
?
She is the one that got the conealed handgun law passed in the state of Texas.
I think she is a state rep now
?
Amy
From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:15:12 EST

In a message dated 11/17/08 10:08:19 AM, helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx writes:

> In my opinion, Las Vegas would be the worlds best place to hold a National.
> Not only are there many?dog friendly hotels, (large all breed shows held
> there)
> but wonderful places to eat at minimum charg
e, family friendly entertainment
> abounds, and?Las Vegas?truly is the most "fun city."??Not only would it make
> the Nationals memorable for the show, it would make the entire trip
> memorable.
> Helen Franklin

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
www.FairhopeGSD.com

**************
Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news &

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:25:10 -0800
From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Stormy435@xxxxxxx wrote:

>If Clark County passes this horrid ordinance (taking litters and dam to the
>ACShelter if no Breeding permit, all pups sterilized by 3 months), I wouldn't
>step foot in Las Vegas or anyplace in Clark County.   North Las Vegas has
>draconian ordinances as well.
>
>I would absolutely love to have a National that close, but no thank you if
>they pass this ordinance. All the screaming about Denver and the killing of
>the

>pitbulls...And the National was not even there, but in a pet-friendly county
>in Colorado!
>

>Stormy Hope

 I must agree with Stormy, and it would be very easy for me to get
there, too.  NOT a dog-friendly town. Doris E

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:51:14 EST

An Analogy
No matter the author (don't know him personally), and one can say that
comparing metal to living animals is apples and oranges, it's still a useful
analogy.

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by: "Julian Prager"?resolutebulldogs@resolutebul???bulldogger18092
Sun Nov?16,?2008 7:43?pm (PST)

Our junkyards are full of rusting cars, while people want new ones -?

some say status symbols - rather than rehabilitating a perfectly good?
old one. The problem is the overproduction on new cars. The solution?
is obvious. Get Detroit to stop building and selling new cars and?
stop automobile imports. Require that everyone have a recycled car?
and shun those who buy new ones.

Permission to crosspost anytime and anywhere or to circulate otherwise?
is granted.

Julian Prager
Legislative Chair, Pennsylvania Federation of Dog Clubs
Member, Governor's Dog Law Advisory Board

**************
Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news &

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:09:16 -0800
From: <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I agree with Stormy and Doris. Political action is the only answer we have to
these laws and our only political action that has any teeth is to not allow our
National and our dollars in the cities that hold to these ordinances.
Oak
Oak Ridge German Shepherds
Dedicated to the German Shepherd Dog
Signers GSDCA Breeders Code of Ethics

>I would absolutely love to have a National that close, but no thank you if
>they pass this ordinance. All the screaming about Denver and the killing of
>the

>pitbulls...And the National was not even there, but in a pet-friendly county
>in Colorado!
>

>Stormy Hope

 I must agree with Stormy, and it would be very easy for me to get
there, too.  NOT a dog-friendly town. Doris E

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:08:51 EST

Since I received a couple of emails misunderstanding what the author was
trying to convey.....
I was afraid that it would be misunderstood.   Julian, I think, was trying to
say that it is just as ridiculous to ask everybody (which is being done more
and more) to ON
LY adopt as it is to ask car owners to ONLY buy used cars.

Stormy

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
www.FairhopeGSD.com

**************
Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news &

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:11:47 -0500
From: grnram415@xxxxxxx

I have a couple who have been waiting over 3 yrs for a Charm puppy.? They are
apartment dwellers but saved money and changed jobs so they could move into a
pet friendly apartment complex.? They have researched the breed and are
prepared
for training, exercise and giving this pup a job.? The wife works from home and
the husband splits his time at work and home.? The husband met Charm years ago
and fell in love with her.? He has a slightly slow (I don't know the PC term)
but is fully functional.??So, they moved into a new apartment building that
would accept large dogs.? Then, they were told GSD's weren't allowed!!!!!!!!?
The wife called me today asking what to do.? They were supposed to come see
Charm granddaughter's this week.? I told her not to come out until we resolve
the apartment thing.? I know they will fall in love with the one pup.? They
have
waited so long that I don't even have a Charm pup for them.? But, they so want
her grandbaby.? Normally, I would hesitate about an apartment situation.? But,
these people would be the most awesome home, no matter where they lived.?

Anyway, I told her to tell the leasing agent that this pup will be trained as a
therapy dog and not as a guard dog.? I offered to bring Charm to the leasing
office to meet the employees so they can see the temperament.? They live close
so I can help with
training and certification.? Anyone else have any ideas?? I
so want them to have the pup they have waited for.?

I hate Breed Bans.

Laura

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:13:45 -0500

Yes, that's her.  She was a Rep. when she appeared before the Senate, too.
   I say -- Good on her.....especially these days!
Peggy
> This is actually Dr. Suzanna Gratia. She is a Chiropractor from Copperas
> Cove.
>
> She is the one that got the conealed handgun law passed in the state of
> Texas.
> I think she is a state rep now
>
> Amy

End of showgsd-l Digest V2 #3228