[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: LAS VEGAS

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 03:41:26 GMT

The heck with Vegas.........I think that I may have maybe heard that some Board
Member, or maybe just some person, told someone else's handler, or brother,
that he (or she) had told a GSD or a Chihuahua breeder that there is a rumor
that the GSDCA is considering a National in Havana, Cuba!!  I, for one, even
though visiting Cuba IS on my Bucket List, will not go until the US State
Department says I can.  Does anyone know who I can complain to about this??
And will we need passports for ourselves AND our dogs?  If so, can we get them
from our local Post Office??  Also, I hear that there will not be any sod in
Havana, our dogs may not be allowed in without being spayed/neutered first, and
no BARF diet will be available on the island.  There is also no place for
herding or agility available.  I heard that the Victory Dinner will consist of
very spicy food.  Guess I will just drink rum and dance dirty.  I did hear that
Jimmy Moses was going to handle the Grand Victor, Ed Barritt will be judging,
Bob Grady will ring steward, and Gail Hardcastle will walk around selling 50/50
raffle tickets for half-price.

Or maybe they said Greenland, not Cuba?  I get so confused.

I am sure that Joan Fox will set me straight; she frequently does.

Paula, 329 days and counting

From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:49:27 EST
Subject: LAS VEGAS

I'm not sure why everyone is getting so worked up about Las Vegas.  At this
point we MAY be having a board meeting there in January but so far there are no
plans for any site visit.  And it would be at least 3-4 years out before a
National could be held there.

Tish

Click here for free information on business phone systems from top companies.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/PnY6ryAzrQNxHFXajaUSPazNkueDykBuigCMp2M9hsZYpl1umBQey/