[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: LA State Vet & Atty Gen Investigating Storm Pets Lost In The Sy...

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:52:07 -0500

It appears that Louisiana is getting serious about investigating
rescue  groups & storm pets taken out of the state.  There is talk
that the  State Proscuter's dog was "rescued" & lost in the system...
Martha  Littlefield, Assistant Veterinarian for LA is interested in

There were many out of town rescue groups who came here and took a lot of dogs
across state lines. WOuld not even release them to the designated rescue person
for certain National breed clubs. They were only interested in making money.
There were so many of them that it is hard to tell who is the good guys from
the bad guys. For this reason my kennel club made a donation of $10,000.00 to
Take The Lead who helps dog people when they are down on out on their luck. We
gave ZERO to dog rescue organizations. Take The Lead is non profit and very low
overhead and they do help those in the sport of dogs so this is where we spent
our bucks.

Lee Brown