[ SHOWGSD-L ] LA Mayoral Race & More...Beware

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:49:50 -0800

Naw...the AR folks are not a problem. It won't happen here. Does anyone know
which small dog is da best?
BSL in Ontario and Illinois. HSUS Prez Wayne Pacelle is going "full tilt
boogie" in Legislatures all over the US and now the leading Mayoral candidate
in LA is an AR sycophant.

Walter Moore is the candidate and here are a few of his views as stated on the
NAIA list:

My problem with Moore is that he is in the corner of animal rights activists
and has openly stated his platforms on pet breeding.. An absolute moratorium on
pet breeding in the City of Los Angeles, possibly mandatory spay / neuter, and
NO pet sales except through the animal control services department or humane
agencies! This is a disastrous platform and example to other cities, in my
opinion!

Should Moore be elected and institute his policies in a city the size of Los
Angeles, it will give the ARO's a huge shot in the arm and they will endeavor
to find other candidates of his ilk to run for like offices around the country.
Here in San Francisco we have a Board of Supervisors that run their meetings
right outta da PETA handbook. Owners are now Guardians, dogs must have fresh
water and good "nutritious food" daily (a sentiment I hardily agree with but
did not need to be legislated), and that same Board is also delving in to BSL
legislation that will pass after a woman was killed here some years ago by a
Pressa Carnario.

Add to all of this the effort of Senator Rick Santorum (R) PA, to reintroduce
his Puppy Protection Act. That will address animal owners on a Federal level.
We blocked his 1st effort but he didn't like that even a little bit. Guess who
came to his aid and offered their considerable knowledge and power to assist
the new bills passage? Hmmm...HSUS, PETA, DDAL, FFA, and IDA just to mention a
few.

So tell me folks...Which one of these potential threats to our sport and our
dogs should we attack first? Lemme know your thoughts and I will write a letter
right away.

Paul

Visit Rivendell on 'da web' at www.rivendellgsd.com