[ SHOWGSD-L ] L.A. County new law

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightorgsd@xxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 17:04:13 -0700

Found out that the one thing we show dog  owners and breeders are not exempt
from is the micro chipping of every dog we own. The Country has set up free
micro chip clinics at all six of its shelters so that everone can micro chip
by June 10th or be in vilolation if animal reg comes to your home.  The
Found Animal Foundation gave the county a big donation to cover the cost.
You could not get close to a reasonable time at the Anteleope Valley centers
so we went to one in Agora where we were in and out in a jiffy. Took 3 of my
6.  One is chipped and will take the others tomorrow.  Let me tell you they
have everything about you and your dogs in their computers.  I guess I have
good things in there because the guys said "you are a very responsible
breeder".Wow.!!! Also since my Robin who is ten was spayed many years ago
they could not find any scar tissue so when I return tomorrow I will bring
the certificate.  I said with great dignity "I have an excellent vet and
there will be no lumps or scar tissue to feel or see after 3 to 4 years or
ever!"  They were nice and in awe of the dogs and their behavior.  This was
a 65 ride one way but worth the no hassle.  Our closest ones here took 40 to
50 minutes to answer their phones.  I was number 31 nd 32 in line so I can
imagine how long we would have waited in triple digit heat to get chipped.
I AM NEVER GOING TO SPEAK TO MIKE ANTONOVICH AGAIN AND I HAVE KNOWN HIM
SINCE HE WAS IN COLLEGE.  I AM furious AT THIS LAW EVEN THOUGH WE ARE EXEMPT
FROM MOST TERMS.
Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German Shepherds
Acton, CA