[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: LA County Animal Care and Control

  • From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:55:03 -0400

 How you could share your
life with an animal for 10 years and then abandon it is more than I can
fathom. Years ago, looking at the local shelter for a kitten, I saw a 13

Years ago when we were living in the San Jose area of CA, I had a litter of
puppies for sale.  A girl came to look at them and I lent her a couple books to
help her make her decision.  She came back a couple days later (with my books
thank goodness) and said she had gone to the pound and had rescued an 8 or 9
year old shepherd.  She had him in the back seat and he seemed like a really
nice dog.  She also told me she had called the family who had dropped him off
and they were furious that he had been rescued.  Can you imagine??!!  I
couldn't imagine anyone dropping off any dog they had had for 9 years and I
told her I was really glad she had rescued him.

Tish