[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: LA County Animal Care and Control

  • From: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:30:12 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/2006 8:33:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
windwych@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Where is  GSD rescue?........... Where are THEIR RESCUES?

The more appropriate question is what is wrong with our society where dogs
are viewed as commodities. Every shelter across the country is full of purebred
 and for that matter mixed breeds who's lives are just as important.
Every GSD rescue I know has more dogs than they can handle and make great
sacrifices to care for the dogs. No matter how many corners you sqeeze GSDs
into
 there will always be another at the shelter and many of the dogs we take in
need  rehab and extra care before they can be adopted not to mention all those
we try  to save but who have emotional scars so deep all we can do for them
is give them  a quick end in loving arms. It is society who is responsible for
how dogs are  treated in our country and rescues are sure not the reason there
are GSDs in  shelters.