[ SHOWGSD-L ] Kobe's National - PRIVATE

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:38:53 -0400 (EDT)

Jeff,
you do not know me personally but I have been around a while and of course
I have seen you handle on many occasions with many wonderful dogs....
I just want say KUDOS to you for speaking up...it is too bad we can't
really name names...because there are many of us who know about the owner
giving
 pills to the dog on Saturday and that is not the first time, it has gone
on for  quite a few years...but who is going to call a spade a spade around
this  list....notice it was Kathy who sent the post and not Ann....I do not
know  whether Kathy is ignorant of what has gone on or if she has been told
what  to say...I do not have such knowledge...but I hate the fact that we the
other  exhibitors (I was not at the nationals this year, but I am an
exhibitor and have  been for a number of years) get broadly accused of
poisoning
someone's dog when  the truth be told, it may have been a lot closer to home
than what is being  posted, accidentally overdosed but nevertheless to turn
around and accuse others  is despicable....Kathy's post indicated that the
dog was with the owner with the  exception of being in her van....now I don't
know about anyone else's dogs, but  you try entering my van when my dogs
are in it and all hell will break loose and  that includes when even my
handlers do it...so I cannot believe that someone got  in her van and was able
give something poisonous to her dog...just my  opinion...and when someone
has been around the breed as long as Ann has, they  will have developed a
reputation, good, bad, or indifferent and that is all I  will say about
that....Thanks again for having the b**** to speak up if only in  generic terms
protect yourself...and I certainly do not fault you for that in  any
way....Pauline

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German  Shepherds:Member-GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta - Best In Show
AKC JAM/AOE/ BISS  CH Ropaja's Chateau Beaujolais OFA HIC; BISS AKC CH
Ropaja's Chateau Beaulieu  OFA HIC; Our future: Multi BOB & GRP W AKC CH.
Ropaja's
Je Suis  Fleur De Lis; Multi-BOB & GRP W AKC CH Ropaja's Je Suis Gabrielle.

In a message dated 10/19/2010 4:20:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

Msg: #2  in digest
Subject: Re: Kobe's National
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:19:10  -0400
From: "Caggra@xxxxxxx" <caggra@xxxxxxx>

Sadly, the real  truth may never be revealed.

I have never personally seen  or heard about a dog I knew being slipped
drugs behind an owners back.  I  have heard stories in other breeds about it
happening, and it's  sick.   If someone doesn't like me, then poison me...not
my  dog.   The poor dogs...

I have, unfortunately, witnessed  exhibitors (some of which I used to show
for) give their own dogs uppers  (no-dose, vivarin, b-12, etc) and although
I was afraid to say or do anything  about it then, I would not tolerate
anything like that now.  These  substances may not even be illegal by human
athletic standards (I am not sure  anyway)  and I am not condoning the use of
them at all, but some people  have the philosophy that if one is good, then 4
or 5 is better.  They  don't know when to stop....

My dogs are my pets, my family and I would  hope that feeling would be
mutually shared by most of us.   However,  there are bad apples in every bunch
guess.
I did hear that a person or  two witnessed an exhibitor shoving pills down
a dogs throat early  Saturday.  Those people should file a complaint, but
like everything else  that goes on, it won't happen and will continue.

Kathy was  certainly right with what she said at the end of her email -
Shame on whoever  is responsible....I am certain they will answer for what they
have done in  their life or after.

Jeff  Pyle
Windfall