[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Kind of ties in......sort of???

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Showgsd-l'" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 15:32:25 -0700

Nothing has changed over the years.
Some are susceptible to  "marketing"  and go with the flow.   It's that way
with everything.   Much in
this Country is built on markeing.    You put it in front of people often
enough......they will buy into it.
 <G>
A "Breeder"   will go with what they think is best for their bitch.........and
what they want in the future.
A "Breeder"  has a goal.    IF the popular stud of the moment is producing
what they need....they will utilize
him provided the faults don't override the good....... as with  any dog.   If
another dog not so promoted is the
best option for their goal.... they will typically find him.
Also........some bitches don't  "need"  a lot .......<G>     Some do......
Yes....Futurity / Maturity wins can often make or break a stud dog for
utilization as progeny are pictured all
over in the Review all Summer.   There are some who can travel anywhere to the
right judge and get some big
wins on progeny.    Some  just use their own stud and pump out volumes of pups
and send them off to the shows.
Often there is a 'Cartel' of owners.     BUT.......often a dog just IS a GREAT
producer!
IF you just go with what is the "stud of the moment" with no other reason than
that you like what someone else
got.......or if..... as a Breeder you're missing finding a good stud right for
your bitch because it is not promoted
then no wonder 'marketing'  works so well.    <G>
Regarding stud dog auctions ..........how does one control which breeder and
which bitch  "wins"  a breeding
to your stud??

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com