[ SHOWGSD-L ] Kind of off topic

  • From: "Giselda & Art" <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 14:44:11 -0700

Did anyone hear about the polo horses that died?  Well I hear on one of my vet
sites that the horses were over dosed with selenium!  A compounder tried to
copy the medication they were to be given and the concentrations and contents
were wrong, they were given to an UN LIcenced Vet who apparently administered
them to the mounts.  All of the horses were showing signs of dizziness and were
staggering and falling, eventually dying.  Who in there right mind, would own
millions of dollars worth of horses and not use a veterinarian who is
licenced????  Makes me wonder.
To make it dog related, I love my dogs to much to mess with thier health, if
they are ill they go to a good vet, and I don't mess around, they mean to much
to me....same goes for my 30 year old mare.

Giselda