[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Killer Rabies shot!!!!

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx, ROBINHAUSGSD@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:13:34 EST

What a tragic loss - you're friend must be devastated!  I've never heard of
a fatal reaction to a rabies shot before, though I've had a few start yelping
in the last few years.  In the past, it never seemed to bother my dogs.  I
wonder if they've changed the formula, or if the vet who gave the fatal
shot could have somehow shot it into a vein or artery instead of the
muscle?
Let us know if you find out anything more!  I've got some youngsters
who are due for their first shots, and a couple of others almost due for their
second!

Janice

In a message dated 2/17/2005 9:51:38 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx writes:
don't know the brand but she had the vet do three dogs, the other two are
fine. I'll find out who manufactured the shot.  Anja