[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Kennel cleaning with Septic system

  • From: "Bart Whittington" <engedigsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:49:58 -0700

Spartan Chemical Company makes products for waste water treatment.  They
also make a neutral cleaner, disinfectant that kills parvo - it is called
HDQ neutral cleaner and is designed for vet type facilites or kennels.
There number is 800.537.8990.  You can ask their customer service department
for a dealer near you or you may speak to their technical service department
as to the best product to suit your needs, but you are correct that, if they
are using a live enzyme to digest waste - clorox and disinfectants will kill
the enzymes and inhibit the effectiveness of the entire septic system.  Most
companies recommend the enzymes be introduced at the end of a day after all
chemicals or disinfectants have been used - these enzyme or biodigestive
agents will work better when they are used at the end of a daily cycle.

Bart Whittington
En Gedi German Shepherd Dogs