[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Kennel Cough Vax - intranasal or injection - any difference?

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gailbauman@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:04:50 -0800 (PST)

I have been told by my vet that the intranasal system is better and more
effective.  The injection is not the same and does not provide the same
protection.  While I find needles easier to deal with, a blindfold works to let
me stick stuff up their noses.
  Sheila
Gail Bauman <gailbauman@xxxxxx> wrote:
  I'm pretty sure the vax for kennel cough can be administered both ways right?
My vet uses the intranasal method - is there any difference in the
effectiveness via how it's administered? My dogs picked up some kind of crud at
the last show we were at - I talked w/my vet and she said that there are lots
of things that will cause "K/C", and the vax heads off the most common ones -
she recommended they fight it off by themselves rather than be medicated unless
the cough became too much for them, and if so, she suggested I give them
Robitussin DM - Haylee came through with flying colors but KC is coughing a
fair amount. Not horrible, just has "crud" that he's coughing up. Any
suggestions? And is there a difference in method of vax for K/C?
POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

 Yahoo! Personals