[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Keep it to yourself

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 21:38:15 -0700

I personally was not speaking about people that have paid their
dues and supported the Breed for years..in the ring...at the
shows, at the Club meetings...at the National...breeding,
grooming, driving, working, showing, helping, mentoring,
judging.
Those people are ICONS of the Breed including Helen herself.
STILL ARE.  Some have retired for whatever reason but are still
very involved.  We ALL will make that decision soon enough...
none of us will escape retiring.  But...when we quit I want
to still know I spent years with the BEST Breed in the World
and was around people smart enough to know that!!
<G>
For those that only complain, criticize, expound on how bad
the Breed is compared to years ago...how bad the shows are..how
bad we are...and yet they have never been involved in Breeding,
showing, training, working in Clubs, working at shows, talked
dogs with other concerned Breeders until well into the night,
shared rides or transported someone's dog....helped another
Breeder or Exhibitor with a problem or whelping...nor mentored
anyone about the Standard and the greatness of a really good
German Shepherd Dog....well....THEIR LOSS in my opinion.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com